Summer Safety: Grilling
With Summertime in full swing, it’s time to head outside and fire up the grill. Did you know that July and August are peak months for grilling fires?
We at SERVPRO® of Atlantic City, Hamilton, Hammonton, wanted to remind everybody to be safe while enjoying the BBQ. Here are some safety tips to help avoid a grilling fire:
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outside.
- Check the gas tank hose for any leaks before using it each year.
- Clean and check the grill regularly.
- If you smell gas while cooking, move away from the grill immediately and call the fire department.
- Remove flammable items from the grilling area.
- Keep children and pets at least three feet away from the grilling area while cooking.
- Do not leave the grill unattended while cooking.
- If using a charcoal grill, let coals cool completely before disposing of them in a metal container with a lid.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (609) 965-0885