Choosing the Appropriate Fire Extinguisher for your Atlantic City, NJ Property
A portable fire extinguisher can be a life and property saving tool when used properly. but which one is best for your home or business?
- Class A: This is the most common extinguisher and can be used to put out fires in ordinary combustibles such as cloth, wood, rubber, paper and many plastics.
- Class B: Used for fires involving flammable liquids such as grease, gasoline and oil.
- Class C: designed for fires involving appliances, tools, or other equipment electrically energized.
- Class D: For use on flammable metals; often specific for the type of metal in question. These are typically found only in factories working with these metals.
- Class K: Intended for use on fires that involve vegetable oils, animal oils, or fats in cooking appliances. these extinguishers are generally found in commercial kitchens, but are becoming more popular in residential market for use in kitchens.
When fire and water damage puts the things that matter most on the line, you need to very best help on the line as well. SERVPRO of Atlantic City/Hamilton/Hammonton is just a call away 609-965-0885.