Should I Worry About Hazards After a Flood in Atlantic City?
SERVPRO Helps Eliminate Hazards After an Atlantic City Flood
Besides the visible damage caused by flooding, it is essential to consider other safety hazards that may pop up through the recovery and repair process. It is not as simple as drying, cleaning, and replacing items in your Atlantic City home. Floods can create a chain reaction of hazards in your home. Professional SERVPRO technicians can help you locate and remove dangers from your home.
How Should I Handle Hazards?
SERVPRO Uses Safety Protocols to Detect Hazards and to Eliminate Them
Repairing your Atlantic City home after flood damage is not necessarily a simple task. There can be hidden hazards, and if you are not equipped to find and fix them on your own, you could face dangerous situations. SERVPRO restoration specialists are skilled in detecting and eliminating hazards to help recreate a safe living environment. They also have the proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) so that they can protect themselves.
What Types of Hazards Does Flooding Cause?
• Electrical Hazards: Flooding often brings water into wiring, water and electricity do not mix. When in doubt, it is vital to turn off the power main to ensure safety for residents and workers.
• Structural Hazards: Flooding can weaken building materials like drywall or flooring, impacting your home's structural integrity.
• Biohazards: Floodwater can include water from sewage and other unknown locations that may carry contaminated water.
What Kind of PPE Do Technicians Wear to Protect Against Contaminated Water?
• Respirators for clean breathing purposes
• Chemical resistant gloves in case harsh chemicals are in the water
• Rubber boots, splash goggles, and full-body suits for extreme conditions
For assistance after a flood, contact SERVPRO of Atlantic City / Hamilton / Hammonton for 24/7 assistance at (609) 965-0885. We make it, “Like it never even happened.”