Forrest Fire Tips
With the worst forest fire in Portugal’s history happening recently, it is unfortunately that time of year again in our area where forest fires are a threat. Here are some tips to stay safe during a forest fire and to prevent them from even starting.
- Be sure to obey local laws when having a campfire or any open fire.
- Keep flammable objects away from any open fires.
- Make sure smoking materials are extinguished before disposing them.
- Avoid burning fires in windy conditions.
- Keep shovels, water, and fire retardant handy while burning a fire to keep it under control.
In the event of a forest fire:
- If advised to evacuate, do so immediately.
- Be sure to lock your home.
- Avoid evacuating through routes that run near the fire.
- Monitor changes in wind speed/direction.
- Alert someone that you have left and where you are going so that first responders know you are no longer in the residence.
SERVPRO® Atlantic City/Hamilton/Hammonton: 609-965-0885